Planned Giving & Trust Services
The Planned Giving & Trust Services department of the Montana Conference assists church members and friends of the church in providing for the ongoing support of God's work.
The instruction given to Timothy says "Guard what was committed to your trust..." This teaches that spiritual and material blessings come from God and are to be used for His glory. "Every gift comes from above" James 1:17.
"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it." Psalm 24:1. Simply stated, God is the owner of everyting we have and we are just the managers. Ellen White also gave relevant counsel regarding the responsibilities we have as Christians in these matters (See Counsels on Stewardship, p. 323-335).
Barry Taylor, Director
We accordingly plan for the future. As such, Planned Giving facilitates the creation of estate documents for any constituents desiring such assistance through Wills, Trusts, Charitable Gift Annuities and other special gifts. The department refers those constituents to an attorney and pays the costs of having pertinent documents drawn up. In addition the accounting functions of the department are handled by the North Pacific Union Planned Giving & Trust Services Department.
The following guidelines were adopted by the Board of Directors of the Montana Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Inc:
- To educate Montana Conference members about estate planning and encourage them to prepare their per sonal estate plan.
- To provide services to Montana Conference Church Members who have a charitable intent in planning current gifts or estate beneficiaries.
- To assist young families and denominational workers who have mini mal means with simple wills exempt from charitable intent.
- To facilitate the charitable intent of Montana Conference church members toward the Montana Conference, its ministries and its churches and schools.
- To assist, when appropriate, in the request of Montana Conference church members to additionally benefit other ministries outside the Montana Conference that support the mission of the Montana Conference.